The European Commission will directly manage the EaSI Technical Assistance, working closely with Frankfurt School of Finance & Management and MicroFinanza Rating.
Building a more inclusive and fairer Union is a key priority for the European Commission, which has recognised the potential of microfinance and social enterprises to foster job creation, inclusive entrepreneurship and social inclusion.
The EaSI Technical Assistance for Microfinance programme supports microfinance institutions to build up their institutional capacity. These cover a range of activities:
- Institutional assessments and ratings
- Tailored trainings and trainings on the European Code of Good Conduct for Microcredit Provision
- A helpdesk, workshops and seminars to promote knowledge-sharing
EaSI Technical Assistance for Microfinance is subdivided into two lots:
- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is leading the Consortium with theEuropean Microfinance Network and the Microfinance Centre to deliver the tailored trainings, trainings on the Code helpdesk, workshops and seminars.
- MicroFinanza Rating will conduct the institutional assessments and ratings of microfinance institutions.
Microfinance institutions that have signed up to the European Code of Good Conduct for Microcredit Provision as well as those that have been selected under a previous call for expression of interest for Technical Assistance can continue to benefit from the EaSI Technical Assistance services.
A new call for expression of interest is expected to be launched during the first quarter of 2019.