Digital finance is quickly changing the nature of financial service provision – with promising opportunities to reach more customers and offering a more complete suite of relevant products. However, providers face multiple obstacles leveraging this opportunity, such as platforms not being always accessible, customers being difficult to serve on digital-only channels, and ad-hoc partnerships adding hurdles many providers find difficult to surmount.
In this context, and in the wake of other similar initiatives such as the Digital Literacy Bootcamp from our partners at the Microfinance Centre, two webinars that aim at gearing participants to tackle issues such as digital financial solutions, operational efficiency, risk management, etc.
1. An Introduction to Digital Financial Solutions and its Benefits in Enhancing Operational Efficiencies and Customer Experience
- Digital Financial Services and Financial Inclusion
- Bridging the Gap Between Physical, Digital and Psychological Clouds
- Benefits of Digital Financial Solutions
2. A Digital Pathway to Financial Inclusion
- Various stages of Digital Financial Solutions to Financial Inclusion
- What MFIs need to do across various stages?
- 5 Ways in which MFIs can engage with DFS
3. DFS Products and Services
- Innovative Digital Product Offerings
- Key Consideration for MFIs in Developing Digital Products
- Best Practices
Adriana Olmedo, Network & Training Officer, European Microfinance Network (EMN)
Ommara Raza Ali, Director Asia, The Microfinance Association
Ommara Raza Ali is a development economist. She studied at Harvard Business School and has over eighteen years of diversified experience in both microfinance and commercial banking. She has expertise in microfinance, consumer banking, SME lending, corporate lending, and has a vast research experience during which she has led more than 67 diversified research projects including on savings products and services for microfinance clients, SME lending products, rural microfinance, etc. She has also developed a credit scoring model for a leading microfinance institution.